APIs & Integrations

Sebastian_Lozad

Webhook Subscription for secondary emails

Hello,

I would like to add a webhoook subscription for contacts' secondary emails. The webhook subscription that I have configured works well with the primary email, but I would like to also be notified when a secondary email is added. Is it possible?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3
iAbbasAhmad
Participant

Hey @Sebastian_Lozad , @Wholesale-Solar and @cbarley  - Came accross this thread because I was facing the same issue and I found a hack to solve it so sharing my solution here for anyone that might need.

See the additional emails are stored inside the hs_additional_emails property for a contact. So you need to listen to Property Change Events for hs_additional_emails. 

Following are the steps:

1. Create a new subscription for your webhook (of course using the new method of cfirst creating an app and then registering a webhook there, look here)
  2. Select Contact in Which object types?
  3. Select Property Change in the Listen for which events?
  4. Inside that list you won't find hs_additional_emails so just type it there and it will ask you to add additional property, just add it, and then save and BOOM you're now listening to events for additional email addresses 🙂

Screenshot_20230222_073922.png

0 Upvotes
Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

We would like this as well.

There is almost no support in the api's for secondary email addresses.  We can see that there are multiple emails, we can see why it's breaking data integrations, but we can't control it.

EVERY time multiple emails break data integration - a human must get involved.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @Sebastian_Lozada, thanks for reaching out. I just tested this and can confirm that webhook notifications for contact updates on the email property only work for the primary email address. Our team is aware of this functionality, but I can't provide a definitive time frame for a solution at this time.

0 Upvotes