APIs & Integrations

SKarwande

Webhook Failing because of unknown error

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 4.05.21 PM.png

I have been trying to receive webhook requests in my application but they are failing on Hubspot's end. There is no failure message written in the Monitoring logs. Is there a way to find out what exactly is wrong?

6 Replies 6
Syncari
Participant

Hello,

We are seeing the same issue. There is no trace of incoming request in our logs (loadbalancer or application). The event in Hubspot webhook monitoring just says Failure without any details. This is blocking our integration, can someone from Hubspot support please help.

Another thing we noticed is the payload mismatch in documentation and what is shown in Hubspot webhook monitoring page - the documentation says the payload is an array of objects, while the monitoring page shows the body an an object.

SayanGhosh
Participant

Hi @Syncari - did you ever found an issue for the payload mismatch issue? I am noting exactly the same.

0 Upvotes
dwaynemac
Contributor

Same issue here, did you manage to solve it @SKarwande ?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @SKarwande 

I found the Webhooks have an unforgivingly short window to reply to HubSpot. 

However, I would expect a Timeout to show in your monitoring.

The way we overcame the Timeouts (if that's what it actually is) was to do all the work in a Job Queue. Then, all our endpoint is doing is acknowledging the receipt of the data from HubSpot, then it sends the data to the Job Queue that does all the heavy lifting.

Is there anything in your servers logs? Did your server accept or reject the POST from HubSpot?

Cheers

Mike

p.s. thanks for the mention @dennisedson 

SKarwande

Hi @Mike_Eastwood and @dennisedson . Thank you for your answers.

We have done exactly the same thing where we are doing all the processing in a Job queue and the response to the webhook is being sent almost immediately. I think it could be the HTTP connection issue because I do not see any logs in the application. Neither do I see any new entry in the Nginx access or error logs.

Any idea what could be the reason for Hubspot servers not being able to establish an HTTP connection? Do you have any other strict checking happening that I may have missed in my configuration?

The reason I ask this is that we have more webhooks that integrate with a few other services that are written in exactly the same manner and are working fine.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @SKarwande 

Welcome to the Community!

There is no more detailed view available.  Your issue probably is one of two things

• Connection failed - If we cannot open an http connection to the provided webhook URL
  • Timeout - If your service takes longer than 5 seconds to send back a response to a batch of notifications.

I think I would start with option 2 in this list and review the Webhook rate limits for that subscription. 

@Mike_Eastwood , do you have any additional thoughts?

0 Upvotes