APIs & Integrations

Jkroonen
Participant

Webhook API creating a subscription

SOLVE

Hi,

We want to make use of the Webhook API of HubSpt. So we make use of the HubSpot PHP API client. I wrote a service class in our Laravel project to interact with the client.

We make use of OAuth 2.0 implementation. Any endpoint works as expected, except for "/webhook" endpoints. Below is the problem.

When I try to make the following HTTP request:

POST https://api.hubapi.com/webhooks/v3/APP_ID/subscriptions
- headers: {
"Accept": "application/json",
"Content-Type": "application/json",
"Authorization": "Bearer ACCESS_TOKEN"
}
- body: {
"event_type": "ticket.propertyChange",
"property_name": "status",
"active": true
}

The HubSpot respond with the following:

HTTP 401 Unauthorized

"status": "error",
"message": "Authentication credentials not found. This API supports both API Key and OAuth 2.0 authentication and you can find more details at https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/auth/oauth-overview",
"correlationId": "8cf5ae15-0824-4941-b533-5c30d5c5aaa4",
"category": "INVALID_AUTHENTICATION"
}

Has anyone run into the same problem and how did you solve it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jkroonen
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I've read the documentation again and some other threats, and now it works. I solved the problem by generating a "HubSpot Developer Key". This must be used as "API Key".

Now I getting the following response:

HTTP 400 Bad Request
"message": "Failed to handle unknown subscription type `ticket.propertyChange`. Please contact support."
}

Anyone encountered a similar issue?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
caio-pizzol
Participant

SOLVE

Hey everyone and HubSpot team @Willson ,

Apparently Webhooks endpoint only accepts API Keys but at the same time - API Keys have been deprecated from HubSpot last Nov 30th 2022 

How should we proceed in this case? I tried authenticating with both OAuth and Private Apps access tokens but the only response I receive back is 401 Unauthorized

Any help here?

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @caio-pizzol ,

Our Webhooks APIs all work to create the config via a Developer App, not a standard HubSpot Account where the Hapikey is used. 

As such, requests must be authenticated using a Developer API Key which is separate to the Hapikey functionality that we have deprecated. Please see here for more information:

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/faq/developer-api-keys

Thanks!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
caio-pizzol
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick reply @Willson 

I wasn't aware about Developer API Keys, thanks for the heads up.

It worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Caio

Jkroonen
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I've read the documentation again and some other threats, and now it works. I solved the problem by generating a "HubSpot Developer Key". This must be used as "API Key".

Now I getting the following response:

HTTP 400 Bad Request
"message": "Failed to handle unknown subscription type `ticket.propertyChange`. Please contact support."
}

Anyone encountered a similar issue?

Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Jkroonen ,

You're getting this response as the 'ticket.propertyChange' isn't quite ready for release yet. This is a work in progress and our docs were a step ahead, apologies for the confusion. 

We're updating the docs and will roll this out as soon as it's ready. 

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot