APIs & Integrations

KanaiBrownTagle
Participant

View original Email & JSON for transactional email

SOLVE

We're send out Transactional Emails via the Single-Send API.

We'd like to view the actual email sent to the customer. Unfortunately all we can see is the Template (and edit it if we want), but not the email sent.

The JSON would work instead, but it would be trivial to display the email using the template if the JHSON is being logged.

MailGun provides the capability to view the email that was sent, but I cannot find how to view this in HubSpot.

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @webmaestro.

We have updated the documentation here and here with alert boxes which call out:

Note: The HTML/JSON that is sent through these APIs are not saved by HubSpot. You may review the template of the email from the contact's timeline event. If you wish to keep a record of the emails sent and their contents, we recommend adding a BCC to the email.

Hopefully this will be more clear to other customers with similar questions.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
FMürmann
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @IsaacTakushi. I do have a follow up question:

So, we'd have to create an inbox somewhere that just collects all outgoing transactional emails via BCC to that inbox?

And in case we'd need to look something up we'd need to search for the given message in that inbox?

That's be a quite bad solution/workaround. As a CRM, that claims to have all customer communication in one place, i am expecting that i can also see all the contencts of such communication in that one place.

Or is the BCC workaround intented to used different, if so how?

Is there an product improvement planned on that?

Looking forward to hear how this workaround is intented to be used, thanks!

0 Upvotes
webmaestro

SOLVE

We'd love to see these emails as they're sent to clients, so let us know what we can do to see them.

0 Upvotes
webmaestro

SOLVE

Looks like HubSpot doesn't retain JSON or Single-Send Transactional Emails.

We’ve figured out a workaround (bcc an internal email address), which might be good to add to HubSpot's Transactional/Single-Send API docs.

0 Upvotes
webmaestro

SOLVE

@hubspot,

Did anyone at HubSpot ever add that fact that HubSpot doesn't save JSON or emails sent via Transactional/Single-Send API, to HubSpot's Transactional/Single-Send API documentation?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @webmaestro.

This is not explicitly documented, but I've shared your feedback with the team.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
webmaestro

SOLVE

Thanks @IsaacTakushi!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @webmaestro.

We have updated the documentation here and here with alert boxes which call out:

Note: The HTML/JSON that is sent through these APIs are not saved by HubSpot. You may review the template of the email from the contact's timeline event. If you wish to keep a record of the emails sent and their contents, we recommend adding a BCC to the email.

Hopefully this will be more clear to other customers with similar questions.

Isaac Takushi