APIs & Integrations

JHorovitz

Video View Data Into Slack

SOLVE

Hi!

Does anyone know if the plug-in to Slack (from Hubspot) can ping Slack for activities?

I'm wondering if Video View Data (via Vidyard) can be automatically sent to Slack (e.g. Bob watches a video in Victoria's account. Victoria's Activity Timeline gets updated in Hubspot and Victoria gets a Slack notification that Bob watched a video).

Here is a doc that outlines the shared data between Vidyard and Hubspot: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/video/vidyard

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @JHorovitz 👋 To confirm, based on the link you provided and the HubSpot Slack integration page and documentation, timeline activity is not available for sync.

If it were me researching this, I'd look to see if Zapier offers a zap for this type of notification. But this is not an option with the integration for Slack built by HubSpot.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JHorovitz

SOLVE

Thanks Jaycee! Ya using Zapier is what I was thinking. I'm just wondering if there is perhaps another workaround within Hubspot. 

One idea would be to get a daily slack message (not real-time): Run a daily report in Hubspot on Video Data -> Filter the report to only include Video View against Contact (Bob Watched Video X, Bill Watched Video Y)-> then push that report into Slack.

Do you think something like this is possible?

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @JHorovitz 👋 To confirm, based on the link you provided and the HubSpot Slack integration page and documentation, timeline activity is not available for sync.

If it were me researching this, I'd look to see if Zapier offers a zap for this type of notification. But this is not an option with the integration for Slack built by HubSpot.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes