APIs & Integrations

sebahabib
Participant

Using webhooks to track contacts uodates and creation

SOLVE

Hi there!

I'm looking to integrate Hubspot CRM with another party, what I need is to set webhooks whenever a contact is updated or created and I need to customize the payload that these webhooks send to include the contact's data, what is the best thing to use? Although I have tried the webhook API "https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview", but I don't have any control over the payload!

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @sebahabib,

Currently, there isn't a Webhook function within API that allows you to customize the payload. 

Having said that, for all the subscription event, the Webhooks API Overview will return the contact ID on the request payload. With the contact ID, you can retrieve more details about the contact by using the CRM API | Contacts:

GET/crm/v3/objects/contacts/{contactId} 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @sebahabib,

Currently, there isn't a Webhook function within API that allows you to customize the payload. 

Having said that, for all the subscription event, the Webhooks API Overview will return the contact ID on the request payload. With the contact ID, you can retrieve more details about the contact by using the CRM API | Contacts:

GET/crm/v3/objects/contacts/{contactId} 

sebahabib
Participant

SOLVE

Hi!

Thank you for your answer, I appreciate the help!

0 Upvotes