APIs & Integrations

JCastanheira
Mitglied

Using data from behavioral event in Contact record

Hello, everyone! I have a behavioral event (legacy) that comes from Segment called “Coupon Applied”. Inside this event’s JSON, there’s a property called “coupon_id”, which is really the coupon code. The event refers to the moment in which users in my e-commerce apply a certain coupon to their shopping cart. I want to save this “coupon_id” property in the corresponding Contact object. I have created a property in the Contact objects called “Last Coupon Applied” with internal name “coupon_id”, but the field is not getting set with the value coming from the event.I tried coupling a workflow triggered by the behavioral event, but I couldn’t find the option to set the Contact property with the coupon value coming from the event. Could you help me with this?

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
himanshurauthan
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner

Hello @Jaycee_Lewis and @JCastanheira,

So if you're using an e-commerce platform from where the user can apply the coupon, when the coupon is applied to the cart, you can update that property in contacts using the update contact API.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi, @JCastanheira 👋 Hey @himanshurauthan @Teun, do you have any experience with the challenge @JCastanheira is experiencing?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot