APIs & Integrations

KuzMatt

Using Hubspot workflow webhook to register contact for recurring webinar?

I'm using a webhook POST method in a Hubspot workflow to automatically register contacts for an upcoming webinar. This works on a single non-recurring webinar but not for registering contacts for an upcoming session of a recurring webinar. Any recommendations for how that can be accomplished?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
radapop
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

One of my customers reached out today with a smart workaround which was to generate unique webinar IDs for all meetings. The suggestion was to save a webinar setup as a template, so that the setup can be  "cloned" but with date changes, so the unique ID is generated

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @KuzMatt,

Can you give me more details on the system you're sending these webhooks to? Is there a specific reason it's not working for recurring webinars?

0 Upvotes
KuzMatt

Hi Derek,

I was attempting to post the registrations to a recurring Zoom webinar, which wasn't possible. Nor was it possible to pass a parameter with the webhook to register [CONTACT] for next available or specific date in a webinar series. It appears that the only thing I can pass with the webhook is the webinar ID, which is the same for every session in a series.

The explanation I received from Zoom support was that they did not believe it would work for a recurring meeting and the only way to do that would be to change the API altogether, which they would not have the access to do from the built in integration with Hubspot.

ALEasterly
Contributor

We are working on this, too.  I notice in Zoom, each webinar has the same ID, but does have a unique occurrence ID.  Can that string be added to the webhook? 

ie https://zoom.us/hubspot/webhook?webinar_id=[#########]?occurrence=[#############]

I'm still trying to figure out how to match the occurrence date with a HS form.  Is using a custom event (ie they completed the form in this time frame, so the webinar should be this date) what I want to use?

0 Upvotes
tjbaker
Participant

We're looking at this very thing now ourselves.

Has a workflow been identified to allow some simple way to register a customer for a specific Zoom webinar day/time? We have weekly recurring Webinars, and not sure how we can specify which one to register a customer for ...

0 Upvotes