Using Hubspot webhook/API to reduce contact creation delay from Hubspot to Salesforce

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm looking for a workaround to reduce the maximum time it takes for a new Hubspot contact to be created in Salesforce. Currently, through the native integration, the contact creation can take up to 15 min. I thought of using Hubspot Webhooks or APIs to speed-up the creation of new contacts in Salesforce but I'm wondering if someone has any recommendations on what could be the best implementation or potential limitations of this approach. 

Thanks,

TheMarketer

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
HubSpot Moderator

Hi, @TheMarketer.

I haven't worked with any developers on custom HubSpot-Salesforce integrations before, but I'm happy to add my two cents.

If syncing speed is a priority, I see your best bet as listening for contact.creation webhook subscriptions followed by retrieving the newly-created contact via the Contacts API.

This two-pronged approach will enable you to leverage the instant syncing advantage of webhooks, but still maintain some robustness for a sync in case a webhook notification is somehow lost or dropped.

Isaac Takushi

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes