APIs & Integrations

Gabriel2
Participant

Using Hubspot's analysis through an API linked to our custom CRM

SOLVE

Hello,

Is it possible to link our custom CRM to Hubspot so as to have Hubspot analyse our data and return it to us in charts (Pie, Bar...)?

If so:

1. What would be required to do so and what would the next steps be?

2. What package would we be require to 'activate' sales hub, marketing hub..., for us to have acces to the analysed data?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel2,

No problem at all - Happy to help! 🙂 

Our reporting tool pulls data that is stored from the CRM. So providing you can pass that in via our API you should be able to utilize it within reports. For example it's possible to build reports on "Contacts", "Companies", "Deals", "Activities", "Tickets", "Products" and "Feedback Submissions".  Wheter it's a single object or cross object report. 

I appreciate all of what is listed above may not be applicable to your specific need. However if we take the likes of building a basic "Contacts" report as an example you are free to use any of the default and/or custom properties defined against the Contact Object. You could use our Contacts API to pass this data in to HubSpot and build the reports accordingly. 

If you're interested I'd encourage you to reach out to your HubSpot account manager or alternatively you can start a conversation with someone via our website - https://www.hubspot.com.

Kind regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel2,

It depends on what you mean by "return it to us". For example It is possible to use our APIs to setup an integration with an external CRM and pass data into HubSpot in order to create and build reports with a range of different visualizations. This would all be done in app using our Reporting tool. These reports would be added to a dashboard which you can then setup to share on a scheduled basis with a list of recipients.

However if you are expecting HubSpot to process data sent into it and return visualizations via API then no this is not possible.

In order to build custom reports in HubSpot you would require any of the following: Reporting add-on, Marketing Hub Professional, Enterprise, Sales Hub Professional, Enterprise or Service Hub Professional, Enterprise. There are different limits depending on what you need.

I hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
Gabriel2
Participant

SOLVE

@jackcoldrick Thank you for the quick reply.

Your first answer is exactly what I would require: Hubspot is linked to our CRM and through your reporting tool we have acces to a dashboard which 'presents' the data.

Can the fields/touch points be modified according to our needs in hubspot?

And secondly, whom would I need to discuss for pricing with the different options you enumerated in your last comment?

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Gabriel2,

No problem at all - Happy to help! 🙂 

Our reporting tool pulls data that is stored from the CRM. So providing you can pass that in via our API you should be able to utilize it within reports. For example it's possible to build reports on "Contacts", "Companies", "Deals", "Activities", "Tickets", "Products" and "Feedback Submissions".  Wheter it's a single object or cross object report. 

I appreciate all of what is listed above may not be applicable to your specific need. However if we take the likes of building a basic "Contacts" report as an example you are free to use any of the default and/or custom properties defined against the Contact Object. You could use our Contacts API to pass this data in to HubSpot and build the reports accordingly. 

If you're interested I'd encourage you to reach out to your HubSpot account manager or alternatively you can start a conversation with someone via our website - https://www.hubspot.com.

Kind regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn