APIs & Integrations

Vishesh_Singhal
Participant

Use Timeline event property in workflow action

SOLVE

I'm posting a timeline event to contact with a bunch of properties.

These properties can be used in workflow triggers, but I also want to use them in the action. Is there a way to do that?

For example - I post a time line event "File Viewed" which has a name property. I'm able to use the name property of the event in workflow triggers, but not in workflow actions.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jpsanchez
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi , 

WORKFLOW ACTIONS as you mention.

Workflow Actions are all you can do in workflows. I understand you want to modify a OBJECT PROPERTY. if yes. here is your issue. As you Event is related to Activity objects and you CANT interact at this point with it from Workflows. ( You can to contacts, companies, deals, tickets, conversations, quote and tickets if i remember it well )

So in case you will like to the only idea i suggest is to mirror your Activitie in a new Contact property. 

Hope it helps!

Best

JP

😉

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
KDhanjal
Participant

SOLVE

It's so frustrating to get anything meaningful done in a way that is obvious to rest of the world

0 Upvotes
jpsanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi , 

WORKFLOW ACTIONS as you mention.

Workflow Actions are all you can do in workflows. I understand you want to modify a OBJECT PROPERTY. if yes. here is your issue. As you Event is related to Activity objects and you CANT interact at this point with it from Workflows. ( You can to contacts, companies, deals, tickets, conversations, quote and tickets if i remember it well )

So in case you will like to the only idea i suggest is to mirror your Activitie in a new Contact property. 

Hope it helps!

Best

JP

😉

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Vishesh_Singhal 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

I didn't find anything in our documentation for this use case. I am going to tag in some of our community members to see if anyone has dealt with this issue successfully.

Hey, @himanshurauthan or @jpsanchez do you have any experience here?

Thank you! – Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot