APIs & Integrations

gil100
Top colaborador(a)

Use Hubspot to link for software download

Hi,
I'm looking to see what is the most secure way to provide customers with links to download the software.
A customer will have a licenses key that he can put in a form, or alternatively, we could send them a link to a (hidden?) file where they can download it. What would be most secured while simple to use?

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @gil100,

I see. I wouldn't recommend using the HubSpot file manager if you're looking for a secure software storage/distribution solution, since all files are hosted on our public CDN. Flagging a file as hidden will prevent it from being available via any public URLs; it would only be accessible through the HubSpot file preview UI.

Additionally, the file manager was designed for site assets, so if your software is a large (>100Mb) download, you could experience slowness in uploading/downloading. I'd recommend hosting the file elsewhere, and sending a download link in response to a form submission.

0 Avaliação positiva
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @gil100,

How are you looking to include HubSpot in the download process? Are you looking to store the software in the file manager or send a link in a HubSpot email?

0 Avaliação positiva
gil100
Top colaborador(a)

I was considering using the file manager and authenticate users via the API and a form

0 Avaliação positiva