APIs & Integrations

jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Use API to display HubSpot blog post teasers on a Webflow site?

Hey guys, I am a designer, not a coder, trying to figure out if this is feasible.

I'm building a site on Webflow, and the blog already exists on HubSpot, and will stay there. On the homepage and possibly a few other locations I'd like to display the most recent posts or posts that match a given category.

I thought about using Zapier, but there's no "trigger" for this - I just want to pull in existing posts.

Where would I start on this? I'm open to hiring it out.

Thanks,
Jason

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
lscanlan
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hi @jferguson,

So something like this should be do-able through our CMS blog post API, which is documented here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/blogv2/get_blog_posts. You can pull all posts from your HubSpot account, with options for filtering what you pull in. You could filter posts by a specific blog ID or by a topic, or by create date. Or after pulling posts, you could sort them publish date or by topics for example.

Another option - and this may not work for what you're trying to do, but wanted to offer it anyway - would be to pull the RSS feed for a HubSpot-hosted blog. You can read about that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-blog/where-can-i-find-my-hubspot-blog-rss-fee....

Let me know if you have any questions about these.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi Leland,

I've got this partially figured using Zapier, but only for new posts. I'd still like to pull in older posts, but working directly with an API is outside my expertise.

Thanks,
Jason

0 Upvotes
lscanlan
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey Jason,

What are you doing with the blog posts after Zapier sends them over? Maybe if I understand what you're doing with the blog post data for new posts, I could offer some other suggestion for pulling in existing posts.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Leland,

I want to do two things:

1. Display a thumbnail, title, and teaser on a few places throughout the main website. These would all link back to the source post on HubSpot.

2. Pull in the categories/tags so that we can show related posts on various pages. So if the viewer is reading about Topic X, we show other posts that are realted to Topic X based on the blog post category. We have a lot of existing posts already categorized, so they would be great fits for this.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes