APIs & Integrations

hubsp
Contributor

Upload emails and attachments

I'm trying to upload email attachments when migrating emails to Hubspot using a c# console app.

I can see the emails under a contacts "activity" and it looks like an attachment was created succefully with a filesize that seams reasonable. But I cant preview or open any of the files. The files in pdf-format tries to open but get a "Error, failed to load PDF document"

Capture.PNG

Some filenames gets wierd and I'm not shure what I'm doing wrong here. The filenames look like: 

Capture.PNG

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @hubsp,

Could you share with me more details the steps that you took to view the SuperOffice.txt file? Specifically, the following:

1. The HubSpot portal ID in question

2. The contact ID

0 Upvotes
hubsp
Contributor

Ok I've solved why uploading the file didn't work for me. The file itself was corrupted.

But I still got problem with some of the filenames. Is it because the contain special characters? "åäö" 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @hubsp,

Could you clarify the steps in details that caused the issue?

Are still any particular errors that you're seeing? If so, could you share with me a screenshot?

0 Upvotes
hubsp
Contributor

When I upload some files, the file thats get created get the following filename

Capture.PNG

It seams to be when the filename contains any special character like å,ä,ö,é,è.

Replacing these characters solves the problem but now I've also encountered a problem with a file starting on numbers and contains "-". 

0 Upvotes