APIs & Integrations

Martinebr
Mitglied

Updating the original source properly from Facebook messenger

We have created a FB ads with the CTA as Leave a message therefore when people click on our ads, it takes them to messenger. We then get a messenger feed in the chat inbox. To send them an email or create them in Hubspot, we click on their name. Hubspot, assign an original source of :offline: an a drilldown 1 to social media. The drilldown 1 is correct but the original source is not. This contact did not find off from offline source but really via social media. This then distorts the reporting for the ads as those are not reporting as contact created from that ads which is wrong. It also distorts the report relating to revenue or contact creation by source. I would like to ask that you review this and find a way to solve this. Please keep me posted.

Sorry more infromation: you will find more information on this ticket number: ticket 3038375

4 Antworten
KKapoor
Teilnehmer/-in

Hey I know this is 3 years late. But has HubSpot fixed anything regarding this?

herodotuseduc
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This bug has not been fixed yet.

Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Martinebr 

Thanks for posting this and providing a link to the ticket! I've gone ahead and reviewed the correspondence you had with our Support Team and can see that we're currently encountering a limitation of the integration for Messenger!

As this is a limitation, this is best added as an idea on our Ideas Forum that can be found here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

I will also do my part to pass this feedback along internally too.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
Martinebr
Mitglied

hum...this is not an idea. I consider this a bug in your FB messenger integration.