APIs & Integrations

c-jmto

Updating data in Hubspot with webhooks

Hi,

After looking around, reading the documents and so on, I don't seem to find nice and easy way to use GET webhooks to update specific records in Hubspot.

I know, I could use API and write a program that would talk to Hubspot and update that and have logic there etc, but would just be nicer to do it in the Hubspot itself. Without needing any write access to Hubspot from the application that has that data and less code to write and maintain. All like win-wins.

Workflows and Webhooks seems good, the new GET-webhook also, but then after getting the data, I seem to fail to locate how one could even use the data nicely to update records. As I would like to update some custom records with data like (or does this data have to be in some very specific format):

{
  "data": [
    {
      "key": "id_1",
      "value": 42
    },
    {
      "key": "id_2",
      "value": 69
    },
    {
      "key": "id_3",
      "value": 88
    }
  ]
}

So loop the data, update the records found with the "keys" and put the value to some attribute. But in the webhook I can just select data[0].key, data[0].value, .. etc. Not the full data itself. I have not  found a way to do anything like that with the Record management / Property management options.

To me my options seems to be like:
1. Create Company workflow.
2. Enroll just one dummy company
3. Add shedule trigger
4. Call GET-webhook to get data
5. Create custom code action that takes the full response data and then does the record finding and updating.

Is this the case, or is there any nicer way to archive this? And does that sound feasible? Or do I need to write the program and use API?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updating data in Hubspot with webhooks

Hi, @c-jmto 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Let's invite our community to the conversation and see if they have any experience here or if they can offer their thoughts on other ways you can approach this project — @ChristinaKay @Teun @ChrisoKlepke, do you have any suggestions for @c-jmto?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes