APIs & Integrations

crplummer1
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Updating contact records via oData endpoint

We were previously using an oData endpoint to push data to Marketo. Is there a way to recreate this process with Hubspot? Need to track an event but there is not an actual page being hit [cannot push via trackPageView]. It previously checked a unique ID against the database to check a status and then sent that info to the automation system to the individual's record.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Welcome, @crplummer1.

Happy to help.

Can you describe the "events" you wish to track and log in greater detail?

1. Are these login events, form submissions, clicks, etc.?
  2. What kinds of "statuses" did you check in the external system?

With the information I currently have, options for your use case may include:

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
crplummer1
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Previously we'd call that odata endpoint when the campaign was about to send out an email to confirm that the venue wasn't yet launched (or retired or inactive). @IsaacTakushi 

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @crplummer1.

I'm afraid I still don't fully understand your use case. Please be as specific as possible when clarifying the following:

1. It sounds like you were or are sending event booking emails from Marketo. Is that correct?
  2. Before Marketo distributed these emails, it sounds like you checked some venue ID against an "odata endpoint," which confirmed whether the venue was "launched," "retired," or "inactive." Is that correct?
  3. Depending on the "launched"/"retired"/"inactive" status of the venue, the Marketo email's content would change. Is that correct?
  4. What part or parts of this process are you seeking to emulate in HubSpot? For example, are you looking for HubSpot to actually send these emails instead of Marketo, or are you just looking to log emails sent from an external system (such as Marketo) on HubSpot contact records?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes