APIs & Integrations

TimMunro
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Updating 'Marketing Contact' via API

Quick question/clarification re- how 'Marketing Contact'  status can be managed via the HubSpot API:

1) This acrticle describes that a given integration can be set-up to create all new contacts as marketing/non-maketing by default

2) Can the integration override this 'default' option value when creating a new contact (e.g. by setting a particular property value to yes/no at time of contact creation). The use case here is if the integration needs to create some contacts as marketing, and others as non-marketing

3) How can an integration change the marketing/non-marketing status of existing contacts? I understand that the billing impact will only be recognized during the next billing cycle (as detailed here)

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Updating 'Marketing Contact' via API

Hey @TimMunro 

Apologies for delayed response!  I had it written out and forgot to hit send 🙄

Presently, this is not possible via the API.  The only hack that I can think of is to create a custom field and use a workflow to target it and use that to enroll as a marketing contact.

I would recommend also posting this as an idea to the ideas board and linking back here so we can upvote it.