APIs & Integrations

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

Updating HubSpot with Salesforce formula fields

SOLVE

Hi, I have read an article that states that HubSpot doesn't know when a formula field is updated on contact in Salesforce. Does anyone have a good workaround that will trick HubSpot into updating those operational fields in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Daniel_Bleich
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Jonny,

You can choose how a contact property gets updated when matched with an SFDC field.

If you choose "allways use SFDC" your contact property should get updated with the newest identity.

Be advised you will need to make sure that the contact is in the SFDC "inclusion list" to make sure this update happens.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk 

Have you confirmed that is the case? Can you share the article? 

If this is the case, then you might be able to use Salesforce Process Builder to map the value of the formula field to a standard field. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jared33edwards
Participant

SOLVE

Bulk editing all your records to an obviously incorrect value will trick the sync to running and matching to the correct Salesforce value. I know this works for text fields but you have to have the sync set to "Always Use Salesforce" for it to work. 

So an example might be if you know you have records where the property value should be 1 thru 10, but you put a value of 200 in all your records.  The HS sync autocorrects those 200 values to a 1 thru 10 value from the salesforce record. Hope this helps someone!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk 

Have you confirmed that is the case? Can you share the article? 

If this is the case, then you might be able to use Salesforce Process Builder to map the value of the formula field to a standard field. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender  this is the article https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/salesforce-integration-sync-triggers "Please note: while updated values in a Salesforce formula field will not trigger a sync, an updated value in a mapped Salesforce field that is part of a formula will trigger a sync." I think it does actually work, right? 

Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hey @Jonnydk 

That note has me totally confused! Is the calculated field a part of the formula that calculates it?! Presumably. So it should work. 

@jennysowyrda - I think that documentation could be impoved.

JuliaMongeau
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Phil_Vallender ! Thank you for flagging this! I'll review this doc and partner with my team to improve the copy. 

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE
👍 makes two of us 🙃 totally confused.
0 Upvotes
Daniel_Bleich
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Jonny,

You can choose how a contact property gets updated when matched with an SFDC field.

If you choose "allways use SFDC" your contact property should get updated with the newest identity.

Be advised you will need to make sure that the contact is in the SFDC "inclusion list" to make sure this update happens.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution