APIs & Integrations

saket1472

Updating Companies data from Salesforce

Hi,

We have done Salesforce and HubSpot integration with only one-way sync, i.e. Account data from Salesforce is sent to HubSpot company information but companies update in HubSpot will not be sent to Account in Salesforce. For a particular account in Salesforce, we have Seller and Supplier partnerships. We are planning to Send Seller partnership data to Company Object in HubSpot by creating custom properties in HubSpot. Now, using this api: https://api.hubapi.com/companies/v2/companies/:companyId

we are able to update the company custom properties, but we don't have companyId available in Salesforce. We have a custom field as TaxID in Company which is present in both the system. Can we use this field instead of companyId?  If not, can you please guide me with the way, so that I can proceed with the implementation.

Thanks,

Saket

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
KCampbell
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Updating Companies data from Salesforce

Hi @saket1472 ,

Let's dive right in! To start, I can confirm that you will not be able to use a custom created property (such as TaxID) as a substitute for the Company record. That being said, is there a reason that you aren't using the standard Salesforce Integration to connect your HubSpot Companies to Salesforce Accounts? This will be your better bet, but let me know your use case and I can follow up with additional recommendations accordingly!

Thank you,
Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Support

0 Upvotes