APIs & Integrations

ariel_cu4tro
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Update email in user´s inbox

SOLVE

I need the emails that I already sent and are in the users inbox, be updated if I update the template. Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@ariel_cu4tro,

If you are referring to updating the body of an email that has already been delivered to a recipients inbox then no this would not be possible due to restrictions put in place to protect recipients inboxes. Emails are sent using SMTP protocol and are unable to be recalled once delivered.  If you were able to recall it would expose a security risk as external parties would be able to pull emails out of a recipients inbox and modify. As result it's impossible for HubSpot or any ESP to modify a sent email structure. 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@ariel_cu4tro,

If you are referring to updating the body of an email that has already been delivered to a recipients inbox then no this would not be possible due to restrictions put in place to protect recipients inboxes. Emails are sent using SMTP protocol and are unable to be recalled once delivered.  If you were able to recall it would expose a security risk as external parties would be able to pull emails out of a recipients inbox and modify. As result it's impossible for HubSpot or any ESP to modify a sent email structure. 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn