APIs & Integrations

arlogilbert
Contributor

Update Custom Object Cardinality: ONE_TO_ONE needs to be ONE_TO_MANY

A year ago I swear it was possible to update the cardinality of an existing association from 1 to 1 to 1 to many....but now I can't find that documentation anywhere. I've tried updating the schema to no avail.

We have a custom object that represents an "Account" in our SaaS application and originally we had a requirement that only one contact could be associated with each Account. The requirement has changed (but we have many thousands of existing records now) so we can't just delete the object and start over.

Our assumption was that although going from one_to_many into one_to_one would obviously be impossible b/c there would be existing associations that would have to be unwound... but we assume (and I swear it was possible) that we could go the other direction and move a one_to_one into a one_to_many since all that would do is expose additional functionality.

{
      "fromObjectTypeId": "2-3352179",
      "toObjectTypeId": "0-1",
      "name": "app_account_to_contact",
      "cardinality": "ONE_TO_ONE",
      "inverseCardinality": "ONE_TO_MANY",
      "id": "37"
    }

I need the cardinality to become ONE_TO_MANY.

Help!

2 Replies 2
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@arlogilbert 

I am asking around to see if there is a timeline.  I saw your other post in another thread.  😥

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Following up here, I was informed that there is no planned timeline for this functionality.

0 Upvotes