APIs & Integrations

mh811

Uninstall Hubspot CRM plugin - js files still loading

Hi there,

I've uninstalled the Hubspot CRM wordpress plugin from site erikaharder.com, and have noticed that when I run a gtmetrix speed test, the site still calls on multiple js files associated with Hubspot.

I was hoping that by uninstalling the plugin it would've removed the need to load those js files.  I couldnt find any Hubspot code in the header / body or functions.php, so not sure how or why those js files can still be called up/looked up.

Can you please let me know what I'll need to to do to remove those look ups.  They're not needed anymore and they're slowing down the site load speed. 

I'm still using Hubspot for the site, I've just added it to GTM.  

Please help.  Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mh811 

Thank you for posting your query.

Once the plugin is uninstalled, nothing gets run anymore. If the script is still there, it's probably because it was manually added to the HTML. Therefore, in order to remove it, you will want to change the HTML.

0 Upvotes
mh811

Thanks @natsumimori , appreciate the reply.  That's what I was thinking, I just can't seem to find any details on the wordpress site about where the scripts are being generated.  It's not in the CSS or functions.php. 

I've looked with some script manager plugins but havent been able to find any details about the below list of js files or a potential  path / file location of where the requests are coming from.

Any pointers on how to locate which plugins are calling for the below list of js?

//js.hs-analytics.net
//js.hs-banner.com
//js.hs-scripts.com
//js.hscollectedforms.net
//forms.hubpost.com
//track.hubspot.com

I still want to use hubspot, but i'll set up rules and events via google tag manager and the mail chimp integration.

Appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
mh811

Hi there, 

...so I jumped into google tag manager and noticed a hubspot tag, so i paused it and that seems to have stopped those js files from loading.  

Is there a way to set up gtm and hubpost so all the js scripts dont load at once?  

eg. not every page on the site has a form submission requirement and I'm not sure what the js files do individually but would I need each one?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @mh811,

Could I clarify if you have the HubSpot tracking code installed on your WordPress page? 

Based on what you shared, it looks like the HubSpot tracking code/HubSpot embed form might be implemented on the page. Those javascripts are mainly for page and form tracking. 

If you could share with me an example page in which you're seeing these Javascripts, I'd be happy to dig further into this!