APIs & Integrations

varundhall

Unable to understand the relationship between email events/campaign and contacts

I’m unable to understand the relationship between contacts and email events/campaign. The email events have a recipient field which I think relates to a contact (using contact’s email) but simultaneously from the hubspot dashboard I can put contact list in the recipient.

So is there any relationship between email campaign/events and contacts? If yes then how we can get it from Emails API?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Unable to understand the relationship between email events/campaign and contacts

Hi @varundhall,

The recipient field of an email event is the email address of the contact that received the email message. The campaignId field represents the email campaign that the email message is a part of. When you send an email to a list of contacts, the entire send can be thought of as the campaign. Each individual email send corresponds to an email event. An event is associated with both a contact (recipient field) and an overarching email send (campaignId field).

0 Upvotes