APIs & Integrations

lquach
Membro

Unable to complete OAuth with scope 'content' unless account has 'Super Admin' rights

resolver

I am trying to authorize my app and I have Admin with all (possible) rights/permissions enabled for my account (except Super Admin). The app is still my private app.

https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id={blanked_out}&redirect_uri={blanked}&scope=content

AppID: 196760

HubID: 3862461

AcctLoginID: data-engineering@{same domain as this support account}

Can anyone confirm if Super Admin is absolutely required? (As a different test, I am able to authorize with scope 'contacts' with just Admin permission)

Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED....!!!

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
IsaacTakushi
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Unable to complete OAuth with scope 'content' unless account has 'Super Admin' rights

resolver

Hey, @ColinStewart.

It looks like you've doubly encoded scope=contacts%2520oauth. Can you try just with scope=contacts%20oauth?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
ColinStewart
Solução
Membro

resolver

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Yes that was the problem and it is now working correctly.  I copied the scope from the app setup page and didn't notice that it was already encoded.

Thanks for you help on this, much appreciated.

Colin.

Exibir solução no post original

10 Respostas 10
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Welcome, @lquach.

Happy to help.

The Super Admin role is not necessary, but users must have all permissions under the Marketing tab in SettingsUsers & Teams to approve integrations requiring the content scope.

Looking into account 3862461, I see that the "Data Engineering" user does not have Read or Write access to URL Redirects. See the screenshot below.

URL Redirects permission.jpg

These permissions are part of the content scope, so once you grant them to this user, you should be able to connect app 196760.

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
lquach
Membro

resolver

Hi Isaac,

Thanks you for your response.

I have enable the URL Redirects as you suggested, but unfortunately, the OAuth process still fails. After select the account to authorize, I just get this window and doesn't go any further. In normal case, I would expect the next screen to confirm what permission is being requested for the user to grant access.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.07.00 AM.png

Any thoughts?

Laurance

0 Avaliação positiva
ColinStewart
Membro

resolver

Hi,

I get the the 3 bouncing balls forever when I try to authorize, did you manage to resolve this?

In the browser console the following error is thrown:

HubSpot1.png

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @lquach and @ColinStewart.

I'm actually seeing the same thing. Could you try encoding your redirect_uri parameter value?

For example, this query string format triggers the perpetual loading after selecting my account:

client_id=my_client_id&scope=contacts%20content%20forms&redirect_uri=https://www.mysite.com/validate

However this format causes a successful redirect:

client_id=my_client_id&scope=contacts%20content%20forms&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Fvalidate

Let me know if the latter format works!

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
ColinStewart
Membro

resolver

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Thanks for the reply.  I am already using your latter suggesion, so that doesn't help.

One other thing is that I'm using localhost for my redirect_uri as the webiste is only currently on my local machine, so my uri is:

redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fapi%2Freply%2Fhubspot&state=companies%3A1&scope=contacts%2520oauth

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey, @ColinStewart.

It looks like you've doubly encoded scope=contacts%2520oauth. Can you try just with scope=contacts%20oauth?

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
ColinStewart
Solução
Membro

resolver

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Yes that was the problem and it is now working correctly.  I copied the scope from the app setup page and didn't notice that it was already encoded.

Thanks for you help on this, much appreciated.

Colin.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Glad I could help, @ColinStewart!

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
lquach
Membro

resolver

Hi Isaac,

Here is my exact URL string:

https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=my_client_id&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mycomp...

(my_client_id is my client id, and mycompany is my replaced with my real company name)

I just gave it a try and still seeing the circles....

I tried this last name, Jul 1 @ 9:49PM US-PST. Can you check the log?

Thanks

Laurance

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @lquach.

I'm not able to easily access the log.

Can you direct message me with your full auth URL including an unredacted client_id and redirect_uri?

In my flow, I:

1. Navigate to the URL.
  2. Select my account.
  3. Am redirected successfuly to the “Request for Integration Permissions” page.

Can you confirm that you are seeing the dots between steps 2 and 3?

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva