APIs & Integrations

anupbalfour

Unable to Identify Users

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I am using the below code but the users info is not passing into Hubspot CRM and my users are still showing as unknown visitor. how do i make it automatically create a contact so when responding to my website chats through the hubspot portal i know which user i am talking to by first name without them having to give the bot the first name?

<script type="text/javascript" id="hs-script-loader" async defer src="//js.hs-scripts.com/<?php echo $hubspotID; ?>.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      function onConversationsAPIReady() {
        var _hsq = window._hsq = window._hsq || [];
        _hsq.push(["identify",{
          email: "<?php echo $userEmail; ?>",
          firstname: "<?php echo $userFN; ?>",
          lastname: "<?php echo $userLN; ?>",
          user_id: "<?php echo $userID; ?>",
          project_id: "<?php echo $userProject; ?>"
      }]);
        _hsq.push(['trackPageView']);
        setTimeout( () => {
          window.HubSpotConversations.widget.refresh();
        }, 1000)
      }

function sendIdentify(){
      window.HubSpotConversations.on('conversationClosed', payload => {
        });
      }

if (window.HubSpotConversations) {
        onConversationsAPIReady();
        sendIdentify();
      } else {
        window.hsConversationsOnReady = [onConversationsAPIReady, sendIdentify];
      }
      </script>
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Unable to Identify Users

SOLVE

Hey @anupbalfour,

It is currently working as expected that if you're using theidentifytrackPageView, and HubSpotConversations.widget.refresh() methods and are still seeing chats coming in as "Unknown Visitors".

This is further explained by Isaac here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-to-identify-a-contact-in-the-chat/m-p/272830/... (The accepted solution post).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Unable to Identify Users

SOLVE

Hey @anupbalfour,

It is currently working as expected that if you're using theidentifytrackPageView, and HubSpotConversations.widget.refresh() methods and are still seeing chats coming in as "Unknown Visitors".

This is further explained by Isaac here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-to-identify-a-contact-in-the-chat/m-p/272830/... (The accepted solution post).