APIs & Integrations

BekPoss
Participant

UnBounce form integration response error

SOLVE

Hello,

I've been experiencing issues with UnBounce forms integrating with HubSpot. I'm using the native integration feature, but every now and then it responds with a 400 error and 'recaptcha validation failed'.

The value in the email form field changes the '@' to '%20' meaning it is unable to be pushed to HubSpot CRM. 

I only receive this error with some forms, and they are all set up in the same way. Has any one else experienced this issue? You can see a screenshot of the response message for reference here.

Thanks,

Bek

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @BekPoss 

That's correct, there was no limitation due to a free account but rather the follow-up email. 

If your regular form or pop-up form includes a follow-up email, a CAPTCHA will automatically be added to the form. To remove the CAPTCHA from the form, delete the follow-up emails in the Follow-up tab of the form editor.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @BekPoss 

I can see that the UnBounce integration is actually maintained by the UnBounce team directly as they're the ones who built this integration out. 

If you're having issues with the data when using this integration, we recommend reaching out to them directly as we're unable to troubleshoot issues with the data flow from UnBounce to HubSpot on our end. 

They can be reached at the following address: support@unbounce.com

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
BekPoss
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply @Willson.

I have spoken with UnBounce support and because it's an issue with the recaptcha feature it needs to be sorted on the HubSpot end. Apparently it's a common issue, and to remove the issue recaptcha needs to be removed from the form.

However, because we are only on a Starter subscription we don't have this option. Not sure if there's a way around this? Even an integration via Zapier throws the same error.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @BekPoss 

Would you be able to directly message me your Portal ID and the ID of the form you're using too so that I can take a look into this for you. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @BekPoss 

Thanks for sending those details over! I've taken a look and can see that the reCAPTCHA was enabled and could not be disabled as you had a follow-up email turned on. 

I've gone ahead and cloned this form now and removed this functionality so you can take a look to see if this form would be sufficient without the removed functionality. 

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
BekPoss
Participant

SOLVE

@Willson thanks for looking at that for me!

So the issue was due to the follow up email being enabled?

Cheers

0 Upvotes
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @BekPoss 

That's correct, there was no limitation due to a free account but rather the follow-up email. 

If your regular form or pop-up form includes a follow-up email, a CAPTCHA will automatically be added to the form. To remove the CAPTCHA from the form, delete the follow-up emails in the Follow-up tab of the form editor.

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
BekPoss
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your help @Willson !

0 Upvotes