APIs & Integrations

BGanek

Trying to send an already created marketing email to another email address via the API

SOLVE

Hello,

I am new to the HubSpot community but I wanted to make sure that my business case can work before trying to implement it because I'm seeing yet how to do it.

We have a marketing email that is loaded with a static list and then sent out.  What I am trying to do is when our ERP has a new email address to send the email to, get it into HubSpot and have it send the email to that new email address with no user interaction.

If not, I believe I can create the email as an automated email and then use the API to change a property in the Company object to kick off the automated email.  Is that a valid approach or is there a way to directly access the email that have been created and send it to an additional email address?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Trying to send an already created marketing email to another email address via the API

SOLVE

Hi @BGanek,

Your intuition is entirely correct here. You could create the contact through API, set some property on the contact(or do list membership), which could trigger a workflow to send the automated email off to the contact. I have done this before extensively with one of my clients, sending out over 30 different workflow automated emails through APIs, so I can personally vouch for this approach.

But it is important to understand that automated emails require Marketing Hub  Professional, or Enterprise, if this is not a problem, you are good to go. If instead, you have CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise, or Legacy Marketing Hub Basic, you can purchase the transactional email add-on, which will give you access to an API to send emails directly from an API call.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BGanek,

Your intuition is entirely correct here. You could create the contact through API, set some property on the contact(or do list membership), which could trigger a workflow to send the automated email off to the contact. I have done this before extensively with one of my clients, sending out over 30 different workflow automated emails through APIs, so I can personally vouch for this approach.

But it is important to understand that automated emails require Marketing Hub  Professional, or Enterprise, if this is not a problem, you are good to go. If instead, you have CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise, or Legacy Marketing Hub Basic, you can purchase the transactional email add-on, which will give you access to an API to send emails directly from an API call.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

karien
Participant

SOLVE

Maybe you can help to point me in the right direction pls. as far as marketing emails are concerned, can i create my own marketing template via API, with table inserts, and tokens or field values populating the table. i have to programmatically determine the size of the table needed, then insert values, then send the email also. hope this makes sense.

0 Upvotes