APIs & Integrations

pyramidjames

Trouble connecting Hubspot to Campaign Monitor - Help please?

SOLVE

I am trying to connect hubspot to campaign monitor, when i put in the API key i get the follwing message.

Error

There was a problem updating your email service provider. Please try again, or contact support if the problem persists.

Does anybody know how i can fix this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Ah, thanks for clarifying, @datanerd.

@pyramidjames, Campaign Monitor is an option for the email sync functionality of pop-up forms and non-HubSpot forms for alongside MailChimp, but you're correct there isn't a more robust direct integration. Here's a screencast of the steps @datanerd is taking. Could you provide a screenshot of where you are seeing your error?

@datanerd, could you try changing your API key, per Campaign Monitor's documentation? If you receive the same error, would you capture a HAR file of the error and share it with me via direct message?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
datanerd

SOLVE

pyramidjames I am having the same issue.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for tagging me in, @jennysowyrda!

@pyramidjames and @datanerd, I'll need more information to troubleshoot effectively.

I don't know of any direct integrations between HubSpot and Campaign Monitor; are you using an iPaaS solution like Zapier or Tray.io?

Also, where are you seeing the "There was a problem updating your email service provider. Please try again, or contact support if the problem persists." error? Could you share a full-screen image of the error below (with sensitive information obscured)? I can't think of any place in HubSpot where you would enter an API key and get this error.

If the error occurs in Campaign Monitor or an external iPaaS platform when entering a HubSpot API key, we'll need to ensure you're using a production API key and not a developer API key.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
datanerd

SOLVE

Thanks Isaac. 

In my Hubspot account I visited Setttings>Marketing>Email Service Provider and then selected Campaign Monitor as my ESP. It then asks me to enter an API key from Campaign Monitor, which I obtained from my account there (following the instructions on the link provided in Hubspot).

Whenever I enter the API key into Hubspot, I get the following error appearing:

Hubspot_error.JPG

0 Upvotes
pyramidjames

SOLVE

That does not work, there is no intergration between HS and CM, you have to use a 3rd party like Zapier. be warned its very complicated

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Ah, thanks for clarifying, @datanerd.

@pyramidjames, Campaign Monitor is an option for the email sync functionality of pop-up forms and non-HubSpot forms for alongside MailChimp, but you're correct there isn't a more robust direct integration. Here's a screencast of the steps @datanerd is taking. Could you provide a screenshot of where you are seeing your error?

@datanerd, could you try changing your API key, per Campaign Monitor's documentation? If you receive the same error, would you capture a HAR file of the error and share it with me via direct message?

Isaac Takushi

Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

As this is primarily a user to user community I'm not sure we can be of much help. I would open a ticket with both Hubspot and Campaign Monitor and let them look into it from the backend.

0 Upvotes