APIs & Integrations

LathaVoggu
Membre

Triggering few other actions

Hi there,

wanted to know is there any way to trigger other action after adding a contact to a contactList. What and all actions can perform after adding la contact to ContactList. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Votes
4 Réponses
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @LathaVoggu,

I hope all is well with you 😄

Are you looking to trigger these actions on an api/within your HubSpot portal? There are a couple of feature that you can use with a contactList within your HubSpot portal. Such as, enrolling contacts who are in the contact list in a workflow or sending marketing emails to the contact list.

If you're looking to create a workflow using our HubSpot API, you can check out this documentation here: Create a workflow | Workflows API.

I hope this helps to shed some lights and if you'd like, feel free to share with me your end goal here so that we can discuss things further.

0 Votes
LathaVoggu
Membre

Thankyou @WendyGoh, i think i got some idea on it. I wanted to send few emails on a sequence within Hubspot after a contact record into a ContactList. For example a contact reacord i added to a list after adding needs to send 3 emails to that contact, after words once the contact responded with any email repsonse wants to exit from that work flow or that flow actually.

So hope am clear on the things which i wanted. if not please mention me on this.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Votes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @LathaVoggu,

Thank you for the further clarification. 

When looking to enroll contact into a flow once it is added to a contact list, you may want to look into the HubSpot workflow instead of the HubSpot sequence. This is because it is not possible to automatically enroll contacts into a sequence. However, to kick start a flow to send 3 emails to contact when contact enter a list, this can be done via a workflow. An example:

listMembership.png

As for exiting from the workflow when contact response to the email, this would only be possible with the use of sequence and for this you can check out this article to learn more: Unenroll a contact from a sequence

For workflow, as the email sent out is generally marketing email, we wouldn't be expecting response from the email and hence when looking to unenroll contacts from workflow, the best way is probably to set goal such as if someone click on a CTA place on the email and you can learn more about goal setting here: Unenroll contacts in contact-based workflows with goals.

With that said, I'd like to point out that sequence is build as a feature for the sales rep to better engage with potential leads and hence it is more personalize and audience size would be smaller than that of enrolling contacts in a workflow to send emails, which is why the enrollment is manual. As for workflow to send email, it is suitable mostly for marketer looking to send marketing emails to a large audience automatically. 

Tl;dr If enrolling automatically is more crucial for your team, you may want to go ahead by building out a workflow but changing the unenrollment criteria to CTA clicks instead of response rate. However, if unenrolling contacts in a flow is more crucial for your team, you may want to build a sequence and either enroll multiple or single contacts manually.

0 Votes
LathaVoggu
Membre

Thank you for clear info. In my case need to handle email response with automatic enroll option. As per your info we can't achive this thing with workflow.

0 Votes