APIs & Integrations

Jared_Gil_Ruiz

Trigger a webhooks with parameters

Anybody know if this is possible? inside a workflow went you create a trigger a webhook, add parameters to that URL like email contact, name…

Thanks

11 Replies 11
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @kbuckles,

The webhook action in workflows does not support customizing the webhook payload or URL; a POST request will send the full contact JSON, but that's the extent of the functionality. You might want to investigate the new Workflow Extensions functionality instead. They still don't support query parameters at this time, but you have full control over the payload of the request:

0 Upvotes
kbuckles

When "dynamic url" is used in conversation here, does that mean we cannot use contact property tokens in a webhook URL to pull only the relevant data from the contact record? We must always send a full payload and then parse the JSON to retrieve the necessary data?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi,
I also need to be able to send paramters in Json to external links. Bumping the thread.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Sergio,

This isn't possible. Workflow webhook actions are fairly simple, and don't allow dynamic URLs. One (somewhat hacky) workaround would be to create if/then branches based on contact properties, and have webhook actions with different query parameters in the different branches.

0 Upvotes
ethos

Hi,

I have answered to this post without understanding the magic behind webhooks!!
We don’t need parameters since everything is already in the JSON sent by the webhook.

The code behind the called URL has just to parse the JSON and extract all is needed to do the right job.

Thanks anyway and special thanks to Mathias Cothenet :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
ethos

Hi,

I want that too!
I thought that was the case of using a webhook, calling a webservices with a set of parameters.
Maybe we will have to wait for a next version… or find a hook to this webhook :slight_smile:

Regards,

Bernard

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@ethos you can add parameters to the web-hook URL however not in a dynamic way, only in a static way at the moment.

0 Upvotes
John_R

Hi, how can I add parameters into a webhook url?

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@John_R Inside of a workflow you can simply add a query string at the end of your url

0 Upvotes
Sergio1

But can the query string have variables? Like properties?

0 Upvotes
TShma
Contributor

It can have only hard-coded parameters, not dynamic - meaing, you cannot add parameter based on the entity props

0 Upvotes