APIs & Integrations

GKeane

Tracking merged deals through webhook events

SOLVE

Hey,

I'm trying to sync deals within my application, and as part of this I want to be able to track merged deals. I've subsribed to the "deal.creation" event, but this appears to be missing any information of the merged parents, if they exist. Is there any way to follow deals being merged?

Thanks!

Glen

1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

If you subscribe to the deal update event, you should be able to see a property named hs_merged_object_ids. This will include the IDs of both (or more) deals based on previous merge events. Hopefully this helps you do the merge tracking you need!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
lynton
Solution

SOLVE

If you subscribe to the deal update event, you should be able to see a property named hs_merged_object_ids. This will include the IDs of both (or more) deals based on previous merge events. Hopefully this helps you do the merge tracking you need!

dhilton

SOLVE

Hi Lynton,

I tried registering for this property change via webhook but it doesn't seem to trigger any event. Even more confusing to me is that there is no event for a new deal when there is a new record created (by merging).

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@GKeane 

Pretty sure this functionality does not exist...

@lynton (apologies in advance for the numerous tags), do you know if a work-around?

0 Upvotes