APIs & Integrations

nfbuckley
Participant

Tracking incremental updates (change log) for tickets and their associations

I am currently using the ticket changelog for incremental updates in our own database (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/tickets/get-ticket-changes). This works fine for ticket properties, however, it does not appear to track any of the ticket associations (deals, contacts, or companies). There are two association arrays, newAssociations and removedAssociations, but they always seem to be empty. How do I detect recent changes to ticket associations? Is there an endpoint in the new API that will provide this data?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @nfbuckley ,

Let me check in with my team regarding the behavior of the ticket changelog endpoint. Generally speaking, the CRM Associations API is the perfered way to manage/read associations between CRM objects.

0 Upvotes
nfbuckley
Participant

Thanks @Derek_Gervais.

I'm able to retrieve associations fine with both the endpoint you referenced and the new v3 version (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/associations).

However, there doesn't seem to be an endpoint that will will allow me to see when those associations have changed. For instance, if a deal / contact is added or deleted to a ticket, the only way I could detect that change would be to look at EVERY ticket and compare that data to the data I have locally, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of incremental syncing.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @nfbuckley ,

Thanks for your patience here. Turns out, those arrays are erroneously included in the response body, and we do not provide that information from this endpoint. This was supposed to have been documented when it was discovered, but unfortunately it was lost in the recent documentation upgrades. I've brought it to my team's attention so that we can explicitly call that out in our docs.

Right now, there isn't a way to track historical changes to associations between HubSpot objects. I can totally see the use case for that, though; If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

If you link that post here I'll upvote it, and it'll be more visible to other members of the Developer Forum.

0 Upvotes
nfbuckley
Participant