APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Tracking a Conversion with Meeting Form Embed

SOLVE

The code to embed the meeting widget uses an iframe so there is no way to track a conversion using JavaScript.

Has anybody done this or figured out a way to do it?

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ryantbrown,

I've approached this use case from multiple angles, but have yet to identify a solution. It is an oft-requested feature, though. I believe custom conversion tracking was the intention of this feature request, but was not fully delivered by the product team.

I recommend posting another idea on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum clarifying the use case. Please feel free to share the post with me so that I can upvote it as well.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jonpass

SOLVE

In case anyone finds this in 2020, there is a way to do this:

window.addEventListener('message', msg => {
    if (msg.data.meetingBookSucceeded) // do something
}, false);
msameerh

SOLVE

Hi @jonpass , if you are around in 2022, can you elaborate on this. I am facing a similar issue

0 Upvotes
amg1
Participant

SOLVE

Amazing 🙏 this worked perfectly!

0 Upvotes
PCMO

SOLVE

Where did you put this code in the iframe?

0 Upvotes
VirginiaBee
Participant

SOLVE

The ability to embed a meeting calendar in a lead form without two buttons to complete the action would be extremely useful. That way marketing could track the lead and sales would have the appointment auto scheduled.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ryantbrown,

I've approached this use case from multiple angles, but have yet to identify a solution. It is an oft-requested feature, though. I believe custom conversion tracking was the intention of this feature request, but was not fully delivered by the product team.

I recommend posting another idea on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum clarifying the use case. Please feel free to share the post with me so that I can upvote it as well.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes