APIs & Integrations

craigcri
Membre

Track Identity not pushing after "trackPageView"

Résolue

Hey HubSpot!

We have a few sources on our website where we are able to capture email address. When this email is available, we attempt an identify tracking push.

The problem is, according to the documentation, identify doesn't actually push data into HubSpot until either a trackPageView or trackEvent function occurs, but trackPageView doesn't push the identify. trackEvent works fine... new contacts appear, and existing ones update, etc., but trackPageView doesn't work in this case.

Maybe I'm just holding it wrong, but in my testing it's not working as expected. I'm not sure what to do here, as I don't think we need to trigger a new event every time this triggers.

Document in reference: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/tracking_code_api/identify_visitor

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Chatted offline with @craigcri and the underlying issue here is that, they're on a filtered IP and hence it would exclude traffic from their site analytics. Additionally, we believe that previously the trackEvent was fire on a non-filtered IP address as such a contact was created. 

For cases like this, your team can check if the IP address is a filtered IP in your HubSpot portal's 'exclude traffic settings' - Learn more here: Exclude traffic from your site analytics

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hey @craigcri,

I would expect that if trackEvent works fine, the trackPageView function should also successfully pass the data that's stored on the identify function.

In order for me to troubleshoot further on this, could you share with me the following:

1. The page URL that you're testing this function out

2. The exact code that you're sending - both the identify and trackPageView function

3. A screenshot of the Google search results page for 'my IP address' e.g.

exampleScreenshot.png

You can send me these details via DM if it's more comfortable for you.

0 Votes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Chatted offline with @craigcri and the underlying issue here is that, they're on a filtered IP and hence it would exclude traffic from their site analytics. Additionally, we believe that previously the trackEvent was fire on a non-filtered IP address as such a contact was created. 

For cases like this, your team can check if the IP address is a filtered IP in your HubSpot portal's 'exclude traffic settings' - Learn more here: Exclude traffic from your site analytics

0 Votes