APIs & Integrations

Benchmark_achen
Participant

Timeline events are not displaying in Companies

SOLVE

Hi,

I followed the Timeline API Overview trying to create timeline events for companies.  The API for creating Event type, Event properties, and Event were all completed successfully.  I can see the Timeline API events --> Event Types and their properties were created and are showing on Hubspot app.  I then proceed to create some events for the companies and I don't see them when I go the Companied and view their history.  I'm suspect that I didn't know how to set Head template properly (Actually, I have no clue how this header template work)

Anyway, here are the sample JSON script that were used to for this workflow:

--create timeline even type

{
"name": "Appointment",
"applicationId": "99999",
"objectType": "COMPANY",
"headerTemplate": "# Title for event {{id}}\nThis is an event for {{objectType}}",
"detailTemplate": "This event happened on {{#formatDate timestamp}}{{/formatDate}}"
}

--script to create the event

{
"id": "6938250-4566703",
"eventTypeId": "392566",
"ActivityDescription": "Appointment",
"CreatedBy": "John Doe",
"AssignedTo": "John Doe",
"ActivityType": "Appointment",
"ActivityResult": "Advance - Other",
"ActivityStatus": "Completed",
"ActivityStartDate": "1556668800000",
"ActivityEndDate": "1556582400000",
"objectId": "2240272818",
"timestamp": "1556668800000"
}

We really want to see is going into a company and be able to see the history of the appointments and/or other activities that belong to this company.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

--Allan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Benchmark_achen,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

Do you mean that when you create the event, it is not showing up on the company timeline? If that's the case, I was able to see the timeline event being created on company object 2240272818:

Filter by.png

Can you check if you've selected the 'BSL BI Integration App' under the filter activity settings?

Also, I would expect the header template that you set to work as I have also tried it on my end. To further clarify, the header template is the sentence that is right below your App name, it should be just one line describing the event. Additionally, the Timeline api allows you to specify Markdown documents with Handlebars templates.

Let me know if that's the missing piece, and/or if there's anything else here that I can further help you with. I'll be happy to do so!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Benchmark_achen,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

Do you mean that when you create the event, it is not showing up on the company timeline? If that's the case, I was able to see the timeline event being created on company object 2240272818:

Filter by.png

Can you check if you've selected the 'BSL BI Integration App' under the filter activity settings?

Also, I would expect the header template that you set to work as I have also tried it on my end. To further clarify, the header template is the sentence that is right below your App name, it should be just one line describing the event. Additionally, the Timeline api allows you to specify Markdown documents with Handlebars templates.

Let me know if that's the missing piece, and/or if there's anything else here that I can further help you with. I'll be happy to do so!

0 Upvotes
Benchmark_achen
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Wendy!

You were right.  'BSL BI Integration App' under the filter activity settings wasn't selected.  Once I did, the timeline events show up on the companies.  Now, I need to figure out how to header and detail more usefull/meaningful for the users...:-)

Thanks again.

Allan

0 Upvotes
Benchmark_achen
Participant

SOLVE

One last question on the Detail Template...I want to list some of the Event type properties in the Detail template and I want to put them on its line.

Here is what I currently have:

Activity Description: {{ActivityDescription}}
Created By: {{CreatedBy}}
Assigned To: {{AssignedTo}}
Activity Result: {{ActivityResult}}
Activity Status: {{ActivityStatus}}
Activity StartDate: {{#formatDate ActivityStartDate}}{{/formatDate}}
Activity EndDate: {{#formatDate ActivityEndDate}}{{/formatDate}}

When we view them in Company, these show up as a single line.

How do I make each item on its own line?

Thanks,

Allan

0 Upvotes
Benchmark_achen
Participant

SOLVE

I think I found the answer to formating of the timeline event detail template.  According to https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Timeline-Templates-Formatting/td-p/271808, I need to put an extra empty line between each line and it works.

For example:

Activity Description: {{ActivityDescription}}

Created By: {{CreatedBy}}

Assigned To: {{AssignedTo}}

Activity Result: {{ActivityResult}}

Activity Status: {{ActivityStatus}}

Activity StartDate: {{#formatDate ActivityStartDate}}{{/formatDate}}

Activity EndDate: {{#formatDate ActivityEndDate}}{{/formatDate}}

0 Upvotes