APIs & Integrations

sagar1

Timeline api or engagements api to use for retriving the contact activities

SOLVE

I am actually new to hubspot, can any one tell me i want to get the every contacts activities on the basis of the owner. Can i do that means is it possible to do that.

I have recently seen the timeline api can i get the contact activities through the timeline api.

And if i use the  engagements api to fetch the all Contact activities the at certain point it shows the hasmore="true" how can i get the next info ,please just provide the link.

Can anyone  tell me the use of timeline for contacts i have read the overview. but i just nedd the short description about the timeline api.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @sagar1 ,

The Timeline API is for creating custom timeline events, not pulling existing activity from a contact's timeline. Pulling activities from the timeline varies based on what specific activity you're looking to pull.

The Engagements API allows you to pull calls, 1:1 emails, notes, tasks, and meetings from the timeline.

The Emal Events API allows you to pull marketing email data for a given contact.

Let me know if you have any other questions that aren't answered in these docs!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @sagar1 ,

The Timeline API is for creating custom timeline events, not pulling existing activity from a contact's timeline. Pulling activities from the timeline varies based on what specific activity you're looking to pull.

The Engagements API allows you to pull calls, 1:1 emails, notes, tasks, and meetings from the timeline.

The Emal Events API allows you to pull marketing email data for a given contact.

Let me know if you have any other questions that aren't answered in these docs!

0 Upvotes