APIs & Integrations

skibiker2

Timeline Events in Active Lists

I am able to successfully create Timeline Events on Contact records via the API using my app integration, however, when I attempt to create an active list that filters based on the Timeline Events, the UI dropdown to select the events is not populated. Is filtering by Timeline Events only available with a paid account?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @skibiker2 ,

Thanks for your patience here. This ended up being a permissions issue, which is now resolved. Please let me know if you see this again going forward!

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @skibiker2 ,

If you have access to active lists (not contact filters) then you should definitely have access to the timeline event list segmentation. List segmentation is only possible on event properties, not on information within the extraData field; is the data you're using in event properties?

In order to troubleshoot further, can you send me your Hub ID and the ID of an example contact so that I can take a closer look?

skibiker2

Thanks @Derek_Gervais, yes I'm trying to segment on event properties (not extraData information), but not seeing anything populate in the active list 'Events' field - appreciate your help.  Hub ID is 6297259 and a sample contact ID is 601  

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @skibiker2 ,

Thank you, that's extremely helpful. I think I have an idea for what's going on here, but I'll need to take this to my team to be sure. I'll reach back out here when I have some more information. 

0 Upvotes