APIs & Integrations

helhubspot
Participant

Tickets created by API show no associated contact in GUI

SOLVE

I want to create support tickets via the Tickets API.

I am able to create tickets and assign them the subject, content, hs_pipeline, hs_pipeline_stage and created_by properties. In the created_by I send the correct contact vId, of an existant hubspot contact.

All that information is correctly saved into hubspot, as I can see it when I query the API to get all the tickets information. No API errors, and info saved.

But for whatever reason, in the GUI, in the Tickets list page, all the created tickets have no Associated Contact

Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JasminLin
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @helhubspot , it is currently not possible to use the Create Ticket API endpoint to associate the ticket to a contact. You will need to make use of the CRM Associations API endpoint to associate the ticket: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-associations/crm-associations-overview 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JasminLin
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @helhubspot , it is currently not possible to use the Create Ticket API endpoint to associate the ticket to a contact. You will need to make use of the CRM Associations API endpoint to associate the ticket: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-associations/crm-associations-overview 

Foxy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a zapier integration that will:

1. Trigger on a new email delivery to an inbox
  2. Create a new ticket in Service Hub
  3. Add an email attachment file to teh newly created ticket
  4. Associate a contact with the newly created ticket

This thread has given me what I need for step 4, and zapier nativevly handles steps 1 nd 2 pretty easily.

Any suggestions on how to get an email file attachment into the ticket in the process?

thanks

0 Upvotes
helhubspot
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks! That worked 🙂

0 Upvotes