APIs & Integrations

Sebastian_Lozad

This oauth-token does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [contacts-read])

SOLVE

Hi,

I am trying to create a timeline event. I followed the oAuth flow with the following scopes scope=contacts%20timeline; however, when I try to create an event for a contact, I receive the OBJECT_NOT_FOUND error.

I tried to retrieve that contact, but then I get this error:
This oauth-token does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [contacts-read]).

When I review the refresh token info, there are these scopes: "oauth", "contacts", "timeline".

What am I missing?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Sebastian_Lozad
Solution

This oauth-token does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [contacts-read])

SOLVE

Hi,

I was able to solve this problem. I was selecting the wrong account before retrieving the auth code. I was selecting the dev account, but then I chose the main account, which is the one that has contacts.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Sebastian_Lozada,

Can you give me your app ID, and the Hub ID of the portal you're working in?

0 Upvotes
Sebastian_Lozad
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

I was able to solve this problem. I was selecting the wrong account before retrieving the auth code. I was selecting the dev account, but then I chose the main account, which is the one that has contacts.

Thanks!