APIs & Integrations

anthonycats

This hapikey (xxxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access])

Our account has "Marketing Starter" enabled but we are currently unable to access the Emails API, which according to our account rep, we should have access to. Here is the full json we are getting back:

{
    "status": "error",
    "message": "This hapikey (xxxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access])",
    "correlationId": "4c4a9bb3-6afa-4c19-8492-4508013b7da3",
    "requestId": "cc90f8e82e67a47b058c6e43595d2c39"
}

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

This hapikey (xxxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access])

Hi @anthonycats, checking in with the team on what their plans are

0 Upvotes
CATSSoftware

On the last forum, before it closed, you mentioned that your developers were going to be relaxing validation for these endpoints over the next couple weeks. I'm seeing that nothing has changed for us and we are still unable to access the endpoints that we need.

Are there any updates on this?

Hubsforero
Contributor

Hi!

Any update about this matter?!! It's important to solve it a soon as possible!

Then, can anyone tell me another way to get the field "subscriptionTypeId"?

Thanks in advance.

anthonycats

Hi,

I understand that this issue turned out to be harder to fix that anticipated, but could we get some sort of update on the progress? It's been nearly 2 months and we are still without our paid API functionality.

cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi all, thanks for your patience here. The issue at hand is a bit more labor intensive than we'd originally thought. We are still working on the issue. I don't expect this will be done by the end of the week. I'll provide another update when I have one. Thanks guys!

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Serhii_Pylypenko, looks like your portal is also on Marketing Starter and is affected by this bug. Our development team is working on updating the scopes for the Marketing Starter subscription. I'll post here when there's an update :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
Serhii_Pylypenk

Hello.
I have similar problem here
When I try to use API for Update email subscription status for an email address (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/email/update_status)
I get the same error
{"status":"error","message":"This hapikey (xxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access])","correlationId":"cb903cd3-ff53-454b-99b9-08c7b67240e4","requestId":"a9e561d32ca1b6444a9e52c7b4043d0d"}
I use https://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions/'.$email.'?portalId=4874026' endpoint
This is my problem too, yes? And now I need just wait for your solution, right?
Thank you.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @anthonycats, reached out to the email team, who said this is indeed a bug related to Marketing Starter permissions. Engineering is working on a fix - I don't have a hard deadline, but it should be fixed within a week or so.

0 Upvotes
anthonycats

This is a GET request so there is no body, and that is the full url (minus the hapikey)

GET https://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions?hapikey=xxxxx

Note: this happens on any of the Email endpoints.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

whoops! For some reason I thought you'd said you were using PUT. Monday brain I guess.

@anthonycats was able to GET your subscriptions using an internal REST client. Would you mind if I attempt using your hapikey? I can grab it from your Integrations Settings, but just want to make sure its okay with you.

0 Upvotes
anthonycats

Yep, that should be fine.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Thanks @anthonycats, was able to reproduce this with your hapikey, so I'm reaching out now. Will post here with updates when I have them

0 Upvotes
anthonycats

The endpoint is https://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions.

I'm not sure what you mean by HubID in this situation, but our portal ID is 2035667.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Thanks for the info @anthonycats. To clarify, Portal ID == HubID. In this case, can you also reply with an example body of your PUT request you're making and the full request URL you're using (without hapikey included).

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @anthonycats, which endpoint are you using? Can you also provide the HubID that you're attempting this action on? Thanks!

0 Upvotes