APIs & Integrations

JohanL
Colaborador

The most efficient way to get all related companies?

Hello all,

I'm looking to update a property on all related companies if it's changed on one of them. So any child companies, parent, parent's parent, parents siblings childcompanies etc.

What would be the most efficient way of doing this? They don't really share any property other than the relationship child<->parent that can be relied on when searching.  

I can of course traverse upwards to the top level in the relationship chain and then recursively get all subnodes of all nodes, but that will potentially mean a lot of API calls. Is there an easier way?

Best regards

Johan

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
weiliang_lee
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

Hi there,

Does your subscription have access to workflows? If so, you could potentially detect a change in a company's property using the "is known" filter. In your workflow steps then you could do a "Copy Property Value" to update the other corresponding objects.

Cheers

WL

0 Me gusta
JohanL
Colaborador

Thanks for you reply. Is it actually possible without custom code to select a related company? I believe copying property to an associated object is fairly easy but I don't see a simple way of doing this for child/parent companies.

0 Me gusta