APIs & Integrations

Noob

The difference between 'CreatedAt' and 'timestamp' in Engagement API

SOLVE

Can anyone teach me what the difference is between 'CreatedAt' and 'timestamp' in engagement API?

I read through the API docs, but still don't fully understand the difference.

I found that in most caes CreatedAt is the same as timestamp, but in some cases they aren't the same.

Thank you so much for reading my post.

1 Accepted solution
lscanlan
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Noob,

I think you'll notice the difference when you go to create some engagements. Take a look here for example: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/create_engagement. There's some sample JSON in the right sidebar, which includes a timestamp. And there's also a description of the timestamp field on that page:

Optional timestamp, should be used for logical ordering (e.g. when a call occurred, vs when it was last modified)

So if you create a note engagement for example using the sample JSON on that page, you'll get the engagement's JSON back in the response. You'll notice that the createdAt field is the time when the enagement itself was created. The timestamp field corresponds to when the engagement occurred.

Does that help explain it?

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
lscanlan
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Noob,

I think you'll notice the difference when you go to create some engagements. Take a look here for example: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/create_engagement. There's some sample JSON in the right sidebar, which includes a timestamp. And there's also a description of the timestamp field on that page:

Optional timestamp, should be used for logical ordering (e.g. when a call occurred, vs when it was last modified)

So if you create a note engagement for example using the sample JSON on that page, you'll get the engagement's JSON back in the response. You'll notice that the createdAt field is the time when the enagement itself was created. The timestamp field corresponds to when the engagement occurred.

Does that help explain it?

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
Noob

SOLVE

Thank you so much. It makes so much sense to me.

0 Upvotes