APIs & Integrations

KiraNo
Participant

Sync contacts with cookie consent data from another consent management tool

I have the following setup:

Wordpress website with borlabs.io plugin for consent management

Hubspot Forms as an essential cookie.

Usecase:

I want to show a specific hubspot audience ads - gdpr compliant. 

How can I pass and synchronise the borlabs consent information if the user who submitted an hubspot form accepted essential, statistical, marketing or all cookies to hubspot?

I need the information on contact level .

Thanks in advance

Kira

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @KiraNo ,

Makes sense. You could try to use the API, but this is not a bullet proof system. If you have a callback function available when someone accepts certain cookies (does borlabs offer this functionality?). You could use the tracking script to update some properties. But you do need the e-mailaddress of a contact to achieve this.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

KiraNo
Participant

Hi @Teun ,

We are thinking about creating audiences in Hubspot and to pass these audiences to advertising-tools. 
Therefore, I would need a filter in Hubspot with the value "accepted marketing cookies". 

0 Upvotes
Teun

Hi @KiraNo ,

I guess this is not achievable by syncing the set cookies to a contact property. Why do you need this data in HubSpot? If you have a good GDPR setup, shouldn't your ads only appear to people who accepted marketing cookies?

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes
Teun

Hi @KiraNo ,

Do you just need a property with a value that describes the accepted cookies? If so, you could customize the form embed code and use JavaScript or jQuery to store the cookie value in a hidden input field. You can set hidden fields in HubSpot forms. Give it some descriptive name and use the 'onFormSubmit' callback to retrieve the cookie value and set it in the hidden field. That way, the value will be stored on contact level.

KiraNo
Participant

HI @Teun ,

thank you for your answer. Yes it solves the first part of my problem.
But what can we do if the person who confirmed all cookies, submitted the form, returns 90 days later and then rejects for example marketing cookies? 

I would not be allowed to show him/her an ad but I don't have the information.. 
Cheers, Kira

0 Upvotes