Swagger documentation wanted

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I am an Infor consultant trying to establish an integration to Hubspot to create and update contacts, using our ION integration software. To make this work, I would need swagger documentation, specifically for the function https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/createOrUpdate. However, I have not been able to find it until now. How would I be able to get this documentation? Thanks.

2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi, @wiebren.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to generate a detailed Swagger spec for that endpoint at this time. One day, we hope for all of our docs to be OpenAPI Specification (OAS) compliant, however I can't offer a concrete timeline right now.

In light of this, can I personally help clarify anything about that endpoint?

Isaac Takushi

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi, @wiebren.

I'll see if we can do anything for you here. Thanks for your patience while I work with my team.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi, @wiebren.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to generate a detailed Swagger spec for that endpoint at this time. One day, we hope for all of our docs to be OpenAPI Specification (OAS) compliant, however I can't offer a concrete timeline right now.

In light of this, can I personally help clarify anything about that endpoint?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for replying. Judging from your answer, if I would need the Swagger spec for this specific endpoint, I would need it to construct it myself? If that is at all possible, of course. 

I did find this link, however: 

https://cloud-elements.github.io/docs/elements/hubspot-crm/ko/api-documentation.html?elementId=168#!.... It does look like the kind of  content that can be generated based on Swagger. I was wondering who is responsible for the content placed on Github?

Thanks, Wiebren 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi, @wiebren.

My understanding is that we can programmatically generate Swagger specifications for many of our endpoints but not the contact createOrUpdate endpoint at this time because it takes a raw InputStream. Because this is just a generic stream of input bytes, our tooling doesn't define it in Swagger and the specification is incomplete. It is possible to create a Swagger spec for this endpoint manually.

Cloud Elements created and manages those specs. As a company which normalizes APIs into standard formats, they built their own API on top of HubSpot and produced Swagger specs for it.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Thanks for sharing, @Lars-Erik. I've upvoted the idea!

Isaac Takushi