APIs & Integrations

zwolfson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sunset: Workflow Log Events Endpoint

What’s happening?
We'll no longer support the Workflows Log events endpoint (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/workflows/log_events), which has seen little use. This will allow us to focus on improving HubSpot’s automation platform instead.

When is this happening?
This goes into effect today. We've already contacted those who were using this endpoint, but if you notice any issues, or have any questions, please join the discussion here

3 Replies 3
btsp
Contributor

This is a really unfortunate decision to de-support a published API.

I have a workflow, which triggers work for some of our employees, and I found it is impossible to either export the workflow log, or see the number of events in the workflow in a particular range of time, from the GUI, in order to do some resource allocation based on the volume of events in the workflow. If this API was still around it would have been very easy.

I would advise HubSpot to reconsider their choices to remove APIs for features if they become completely inaccessible via API as a result of the removal. It causes pain for future developers who come across the API after the decision was made, and need to use it, even if it was not used at the time of the decision.

impulsekring
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

I second this -- can we get last activity dates some other way? Currently it's very difficult to audit workflows because there's no way to see which ones have been actively running. A workflow may be "ON" but stale for years -- a workflow may be running frequently, but is very quick, so the "# Enrolled" always seems to be zero. You'd have to actually open each workflow 1 by 1 and look at the history just to know which ones are being used, which is very time consuming.

mikedrizzo1
Contributor

Hey there, 

Is there a way to get the creation date or last activity date of a workflow with the log events endpoint gone?