APIs & Integrations

TDittberner

Subscription oAuth Scope Issue

We use the subscription api to check the subscription status of contacts and also update the subscription status of emails.  Recently, HS stopped allowing api key authentication and only allow oAuth.  We updated all our endpoint to use oauth, but the subscriptions endpoints keep giving the error of missing scope and require the scope of content.  This scope is not available to the regular HS user evidently and requires enterprise, professional or marketing based on the scope documentation.  By requiring oAuth, they have basically took away previous functionality.  I am stuck and not sure how to make this work.  Please advise.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @TDittberner 👋 Thanks for pointing this out. I am happy to do a bit more digging and update here if I find anything else out for us. 

One question, your use case won't work for the v3 Marketing Subscriptions API endpoints, correct?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Henrik_B_Stein
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hey TDittberner,

maybe you can use a private apps in the customer's portal instead, but i'm not sure which Hubspot license is needed for this. Here is an overview.

Best regards,
Henrik Bartenstein

0 Upvotes