APIs & Integrations

daLiRa
Participante

Subscription API updatedat

Hello,
We noticed that the modification date for subscription changes is not set in the updatedat field in subscription api for an OptOut that was set manually in Hubspot. Can this be fixed?
For the sake of the GDPR, we want to understand in CRM, when a contact has been marked accordingly, that he no longer wants to receive emails. Therefore we use the updatedat field of the Subscription API via the Hubspot Connector in Scribe.

When we call the https://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions for such contact we cannot see the updatedat field at all even though the contact's timeline shows a date for the subscription change.

We opened a ticket before for this of which I can send the link if required. But it's all described in German there.

Best regards

Danny

8 Respuestas 8
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @daLiRa.

To clarify, are you referring to the fact that if a contact is manually opted out of all email (via ActionsOpt out of email), that this endpoint will only display "status": "unsubscribed" and not a subscription status change event like this with an updatedAt timestamp?

{
id: 1234567,
updatedAt: 1552065505320,
subscribed: true,
optState:"OPT_IN",
legalBasis:"CONSENT_WITH_NOTICE"
}

Are you seeing these OPT_OUT events if you opt a contact out via this endpoint rather than in-app?

If this is the case, I'll definitely bring up the disparity with the team. I look forward to your confirmation.

In the meantime, you can query the Contacts API and include the parameter property=hs_email_optout . The timestamp value returned for that property will reflect when any contact was fully opted out.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Me gusta
daLiRa
Participante

To clarify, are you referring to the fact that if a contact is manually opted out of all email (via Actions>Opt out of email), that this endpoint will only display "status": "unsubscribed" and not a subscription status change event like this with an updatedAt timestamp?

That's exactly what we meant to say.

Are you seeing these OPT_OUT events if you opt a contact out via this endpoint rather than in-app?
If this is the case, I'll definitely bring up the disparity with the team. I look forward to your confirmation.

We opted out some contacts only in the web app not via this endpoint so far.

The timestamp for single properties is not provided in the Scribe Hubspot Connector's Contact field list unfortunately.

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey again, @daLiRa.

Thanks for providing the additonal information.

I'm sorry to hear that Scribe's connector doesn't surface an individual contact property's timestamp values, however this workaround is possible with the raw HubSpot APIs.

That said, I certainly see value in being able to identify when an email was opted out of all sbuscriptions via the Email [Subscriptions] API. I'll make the team aware of your feedback and use case!

Isaac Takushi

0 Me gusta
daLiRa
Participante

Thank you very much, Isaac.

Would you please update this thread when a fix can or will be deployed?

daLiRa
Participante

Hi @IsaacTakushi ,

It's been a long while already. Could you please give me an update to this case?

Best regards

Danny

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @daLiRa.

I don't have an update on this matter, but I will continue advocating on your behalf.

While Scribe's connector doesn't surface an individual contact property's timestamp values, the workaround I proposed is possible with the raw HubSpot APIs.

Isaac Takushi

0 Me gusta
daLiRa
Participante

Hi Isaac,

As we rely on the Scribe Connector we wouldn't like to create a new integration just to get this one piece of information.

Any updates from the development team so far?

Best regards

Danny

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @daLiRa.

Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for checking in.

I still do not have an update on this matter, but I will bring this up internally once again.

Isaac Takushi

0 Me gusta