APIs & Integrations

timhantec

Submitted form data is being shared across browsers

SOLVE

Hello,

We are embedding Hubspot forms on our website using: 

https://js.hsforms.net/forms/v2.js

and its corresponding window.hbspt.forms.create()  function. This has worked well for us however, our QA team just noticed some strange behavior that I'm hoping can be explained.

We are seeing submitted form data on one browser (say IE11) show up as default values when I open the same form in another browser (Chrome). We don't have any sort of plugin installed which would support sharing submitted form data across browsers and not logged into a browser profile. This was even reproduced using Chrome in incognito mode.

More concerning is that we saw form data shared from a mobile device and then shown up on a desktop. Initially these two devices were on the same Wifi network but later disconnected the phone and connected over LTE and the sharing was still evident.

Is Hubspot trying to be smart about auto-filling previously submitted form data and if so, can we turn this off?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
timhantec
Solution

SOLVE

Wendy,

I think the deduplicates link that you shared in the DM somewhat explains what might be going on. Just in case others want the same information, I'm just posting the link here as well.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @timhantec,

That's truly strange! I wouldn't expect the form data to be populating on Chrome in incognito mode/across different browser.

Can you share with me:

1. The form page url

2. Your portal ID

3. The form ID

0 Upvotes
timhantec

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

Is it possible to share the page URL privately? Its behind a password wall.

Portal ID: 4024064

Form ID: b8b82f36-76e9-42f3-a892-11721a3d7e60

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @timhantec,

Absolutely! You can share the page URL via DM with me.

On my end, I have also tried submitting the form via share link and I was able to see that the form field only pre-populated when I used the same browser. When using a different/incognito browser, I'm not seeing the form fields populated. 

This leads me to believe that there's likely a script that is causing the auto-populating. If you could share with me the page URL, it'll definitely be helpful for me to further troubleshoot this. 

0 Upvotes
timhantec

SOLVE

Wendy, the sharing only happened once I started using the same contact information on both browsers. After that, I could make a change on one browser and it would be reflected on the other.

I will send you the page URL through DM.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @timhantec,

Great thanks! I have responded back there.

0 Upvotes
timhantec
Solution

SOLVE

Wendy,

I think the deduplicates link that you shared in the DM somewhat explains what might be going on. Just in case others want the same information, I'm just posting the link here as well.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets

Thanks for your help.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @timhantec,

Thanks for updating the thread! 🙂 

I'm glad that was it!

0 Upvotes