APIs & Integrations

PAtlan
Contributor

Styling a modal form ... inside HubSpot

I'm trying to create additional functionality for my users with a CRM Card development. However, I need to show them a form in a modal at some point, in order to run some more involved logic than can fit in a simple card. 

I'd love for that modal form to look a little bit like Hubspot itself, in order to minimize my user's mental whiplash. 

I've only found ways for the CMS to reference complete 3rd party themes, or even Hubspot's own boilerplate theme for the CMS. But I've found nothing to style cards and modals for the actual CRM. 

I guess I could reverse engineer fonts and colors for my relatively simple form, but that sounds like a lot of work ...

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
PAtlan
Contributor

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis , @TiphaineCuisset and @Kevin-C 

I appreciate the answer, but it's not *exactly* my question, which is why i didn't mark it "solved".

I'm looking to have a modal frame that fits in with the HUBSPOT theme because I'm displaying it in the HUBSPOT context. My question is: is the HUBSPOT css available somewhere? I'll write the relevant CSS for my modal, but I just need colors, fonts, and other styling options to look like hubspot.  

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @PAtlan 

Ah I see! I don't think hs has made that available by iteself. But you could very easily inspect the hs dashboard, click the source tab, and search through css files in the list. Id imagine you'll have to piece together a few different files but shouldn't be too much work!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @PAtlan! Thanks for the interesting question. Hey, @BarryGrennan @Kevin-C have you tackled similar challenges with your past work? 

Thank you very much!  — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C

Thanks @Jaycee_Lewis 

@PAtlan You should be able to extract the HS form styling from your theme and apply it to the page that you're iFraming into the modal. But yeah manually writing the CSS might be the most straight forward option.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev